Wednesday 17 November 2010

Three heroes - three books

Many good books have been written about and by three of my greatest heroes - Ronald Reagan, John Paul II and Margaret Thatcher, who together destroyed the Soviet Evil Empire. I cannot pretend to have read all of those books, but I would like to recommend three of them that I recently re-read. The books made me feel happy and grateful about having had the privilege to observe all three leaders from a fairly close distance at different stages.

So here is my recommended reading:

"The Age of Reagan", by Steven F. Hayward
"The President, the Pope and the Prime Minister", by John O´Sullivan
"When Character was King",  by Peggy Noonan

All three books are available at e.g. Amazon.com

PS
I remember so well how Ronald Reagan was ridiculed as a dumb B movie actor by most "progressive" politicians and commentators in Europe. Reagan´s "tear down this wall" speech, given in 1987 at the Brandenburger Gate reminds us how wrong they all were!
Watch and listen here.




'

No comments:

Post a Comment