Friday 30 December 2011

Hubert von Goisern - a great musician



One of the nice things with music is that it never ceases to surprise. There is always something new to discover.

My own musical taste is rather conservative. Most of the popular or "classical" contemporary music I simply find boring. However, a couple of months ago I saw a program with Austrian singer and composer, Hubert von Goisern, whose music immediately struck a chord with me. Goisern´s music is a mix of traditional Austrian folk music - including yodeling - and rock music, and has been labeled Alpenrock (Alps rock).



I understand that von Goisern and his band are extremely popular in the German speaking countries of Europe, which is not at all surprising; it is difficult not to get into a good mood listening to their music!

Here a couple of my favourites:



No comments:

Post a Comment