Wednesday 7 March 2012

Patricia Kopatchinskaja - An amazing violin virtuoso

    
    "As an interpreter I am most interested in communicating the meaning and inner workings of the music I play. Curiosity drives me to explore many different musical frontiers and I'm ready to take the risks that this process entails."
    Patricia Kopatchinskaja

    It is always a great pleasure to see and hear young musicians succeed. The recent ARTE broadcast of Tchaikovsky´s Violin concerto with the amazingly talented Patricia Kopatchinskaja as soloist was one such occasion. I have never seen this concerto played in a more passionate way - without loosing anything of the technical brilliance! No wonder that Miss Kopatchinskaja´s star is rising fast. The excellent Sinfonia Varsovia was directed by Jean Jaques Kantorow, one of the great violinists of our time, and an outstanding conductor, too.
      PS
      I noticed that the Tchaikovsky violin concerto with Patricia Kopatchinskaja is now available on YouTube:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment