Wednesday 23 May 2012

Kristin Scott Thomas - A Great Actress

Kristin Scott Thomas about her role in Claudel´s film: 'I loved it. No make-up; I hardly even speak.'

There are many outstanding English actresses, but one of my own absolute favourites is Kristin Scott Thomas, who is perhaps mostly remembered for her fine role portraits in such films as "A Handful of Dust", "Four Weddings and a Funeral" and "The English Patient". But - in my opinion - it is in Philippe Claudel´s "I´ve Loved You So Long" where Scott Thomas´s amazing acting really shines.

In Claudel´s deeply moving tale of two sisters rebuilding their relationship, Scott Thomas gives an unforgettable portrait of the elder sister,who returns after serving a 15 year prison sentence. Elsa Zylberstein is also oustanding as the younger sister.

Elsa Zylberstein as the younger sister
The two sisters in Claudel´s memorable film


In an age so obsessed with youth, Kristin Scott Thomas´s way of describing (2008) her own aging is a relief:


'Now I can be the mother I want to be, the woman I want to be, the actress I want to be. I am afraid that all this has happened to me with getting older. I'm 47 - unlike most actresses, I don't lie about my age - but I'm liking this bit. I love it. I wouldn't swap it for a million years.'

1 comment:

  1. Dame Kristin A. Scott Thomas, DBE (born 24 May 1960) is an English-French actress. She made her film debut in the Prince-directed Under the Che..... Read More

    ReplyDelete