Wednesday 27 June 2012

A ferret at the bathing platform

On my evening walk tonight, I noticed this dark face under the bathing platform. Both of us were looking at each other at least for a minute.


Ferrets - which I think this animal was - are said to be very curious. At least this one was.


A couple of minutes later I saw the ferret again returning to its home under the platform, proudly posing with a nice crab in its mouth. Regrettably, I was too slow and clumsy with my camera, so the photo is not sharp.



PS
A friend pointed out that the animal I saw could actually have been a mink.


5 comments:

  1. A ferral mink. A nasty piece of work in some ways.. An amazing hunter in on way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ferrets are actualy domestic animals that won't survive in a wild... so mink it was indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the only pictures of a ferral mink that i have ever seen. I'm very glad that you were able to take such good pictures and post them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous,
    I am glad you liked the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your photos. I am a big ferret fan and many homeless ferrets have come to join me up on my mountain. I hope nobody kills the mink. That would be the reaction here. Any animal that is unusual, or just easy to kill, then they kill it.

    ReplyDelete