Saturday 1 June 2013

Four fine cruise ships and a blackbird

Tonight three large cruise ships passed Hamlet's Kronborg castle in Helsingør. Later National Geographic Explorer did the same, although my picture below shows the small cruise ship a few minutes after she had passed the famous castle.

The first cruise ship to arrive was the 280 m x 32 m Vision of the Seas, which was on its way from Copenhagen to Alesund, Norway. 

The next one was P&O's Aurora (270 m x 32.2 m) heading to Zeebrugge.

Aurora was followed by Costa Luminosa (294 m x 32 m) on its way to Hellesylt. 
The last, and smallest, cruise ship tonight was the 109 m x 16 m National Geographic Explorer.

 PS
A nice blackbird joined me in my favorite ship photo spot, high over Øresund. The bird, sitting on a branch, where it had an even finer view than I, greeted each passing cruise ship (and me) with some wonderful evening songs.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment